If you and/or your family and friends are looking for a place to stay during your wedding week (or even just for a vacation) then the farmhouse is the perfect place for you! It sits on a lot that is truly “town and country” right along the bike trail and sits over top of the bay of Cochran’s Walker Marine. It's a short walk across the road to the marina or a 3-5 minute walk to downtown Walker via the trail. The original farmhouse was built in the early 1900's and has been completely restored and updated with top notch appliances and finishes and is convenientlyfully furnished.
The farmhouse sleeps 14 guests and has three bedrooms on the upper level (two queen beds and one twin bed with a trundle) and a full bathroom. The main floor has two sleeper sofas; one in the main living area and one in the sunroom which has a door so it provides the privacy of a bedroom and also a full bathroom. The basement features one bedroom and a sleeper sofa in the living room and a full bathroom. The basement also has a full washer and dryer. All living spaces are furnished with large 55 inch flat screen TV's with cable and blue ray DVD players.
The main floor also features a large dining room table with chairs and a full functioning kitchen with a dinette table for 4. Off of the dining room through the sliding glass door is the spectacular outdoor living space. Designed with a large built in charcoal grill with overhead pergola to offer shade and an outdoor fireplace with quant lounge seating with large footrest benches tucked under the loungers. There is adequate seating, table and chairs for you and your guests to enjoy the northern outdoors. Feel free to bring some yard games to play and enjoy in the backyard. For bridal parties this makes a great place to celebrate rehearsal dinners and gift opening brunches. A covered porch sits on the front of the home with additional seating. This is a great spot to sit in the morning overlooking the cottage garden as the sun comes up enjoying your morning coffee. The basement has lots of board games which are perfect to play on the porch or during a rainy day.
Have a boat and wish to bring it during your stay? Let us know in advance and arrangements can be made to have a boat slip conveniently located at the Marine across the street.
Items provided for your use… - Salt/Pepper/Cooking Oil
- Laundry & dishwasher soap (5 laundry detergent pods, 7 Cascade dishwasher pods are complimentary
- Beach Towels for on property usage only
- Shampoo/Conditioner/Body Wash
- Certified Babysitter References (please contact me for sitter contacts)
- Sleeping Pillows are “Allergy Friendly” filled with down alternative
- Internet/Cable TV
- High chair
- Pack and play for babies/toddlers
- Two baby gates for stairs
Some things you may wish to bring with you… - Music for outside enjoyment
- Extension cords
- Charcoal for grilling (can be purchased locally)
- Roller Blades and Bicycles for trail use
- Beach towels (for going to the beach. Our towels are not to leave the
- Mosquito spray and Sun Screen
- Baby or child blankets if you have a little one.
- Fixings for S’mores
- Firewood for the outdoor fireplace (can be purchased locally just down the street)
For booking inquires please contact us to see if the dates you are interested in area available.